Contractor Support Specialist
Principal Function: The Contractor Support Specialist is responsible for monitoring contractor compliance with customer Service Level Agreement (SLAs). Analyzes and provides advice to contractors on methods and approaches to resolve customer concerns and maintain work performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivers the contractor experience strategy across a range of touch points, channels, and solutions.
- Ensures that work is carried out in accordance with customer SLAs and company policies and procedures, including on-time deliveries and proof of deliveries (PODs); provides interpretation and counsel to contractors.
- Tracks repeated contractor service issues and notifies various teams who can resolve these issues and improve the quality of services and the customer experience.
- Maintains “contractor rankings” based on adherence to customer standards; recommends qualified contractors for new routes.
- Assists team members with monitoring route performance metrics and measurements.
- Assists team members to launch new or revised routes.
- Analyzes and monitors contractor “engagement” and retention; implements measures to combat voluntary contract terminations and nonadherence.
- Assists team members assign qualified contractors to routes based on performance and adherence to customer standards
- Manages fleet volume and quality; recommends actions for contract breaches; submits requests for additional contractors.
- Performs warehouse duties, including sorting and unloading freight.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without an assistive device (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. However, job duties will require work in a warehouse environment with moderate safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute - that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work. A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.