Logistics Support Specialist
Principal Function: The Logistics Support Specialist is responsible for interacting with customers, independent contractors, and internal departments while providing exceptional customer service in response to their inquiries, concerns, and requests about NOW Courier’s services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides telephone support for customers, independent contractors, internal departments, and employees.
- Receives, processes, and verifies the accuracy of orders from customers while utilizing NOW Courier computer database.
- Provides quotes and enters orders to customers based on delivery information, mileage, customer requests, weight restrictions, and any additional fees incurred.
- Maintains address database.
- Files and maintains assigned driver manifests and other assigned documents according to record retention guidelines and requirements.
- Assists manager with customer billings and contractor settlements.
- Provides administrative support to multiple internal departments, including, but not limited to: logistics support, dispatch, warehouse, and routing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without an assistive device (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. However, job duties will require occasional work in a warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
While the offices of NOW Courier are open from 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, this job may require work beyond these hours and on the weekends.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute - that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work. A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.