Logistics Branch Manager
Principal Function: The Logistics Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, customer accounts and contract terms, financial measures and KPIs and branch staff encompassing employees and contract delivery drivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leads, supports and improves operations and processes to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver service and financial results.
- Manages full employee and contract driver life-cycle from attraction to separation, including adherence to company policies, customer requirements, and applicable laws.
- Oversees inbound and outbound shipments and inventory.
- Ensures warehouse operations are in compliance with OSHA, TSA and local regulatory requirements. Implements and manages safety training programs and practices.
- Deploys continuous improvement efforts to drive productivity, reduce operating costs, streamline work processes, and work collaboratively with others to provide seamless quality customer service.
- Establishes work schedules and contract driver coverage to ensure customer service level agreements are met without exception.
- Analyzes operational and customer performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
- Oversees and assists with new customer onboarding from an operational perspective to ensure launches are successful, reporting any issues internally for prompt resolution.
- Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate.
- Partners with company leaders and their teams to develop and execute strategies that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. This includes taking ownership for designing, building and implementing programs, processes and tools to help set employees and contract drivers up for success.
Managerial Responsibilities: This position requires significant managerial duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) or equivalent from a four year college or university in business, supply chain, management or related field; and five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous managerial experience is required. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. However, job duties will require occasional work in a warehouse environment with moderate safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position will require work beyond core business hours, including evenings and weekends.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute - that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work. A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.