Box Truck Driver
Principal Function: The Box Truck Driver is responsible for transporting and delivering items for NOW Courier customers in a company provided vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Picks up and delivers product in a timely fashion as schedule indicates.
- Maintains reports and log books while performing duties.
- Obeys traffic laws and follows established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Loads and unloads product for stock or delivery.
- Interprets maps and driving directions to operate the most efficient route service.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies as prescribed by NOW Courier procedures.
- Reports any mechanical problems encountered with truck or equipment.
- Verifies contents of product loads.
- Reports delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to dispatch or manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; and one year of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to or exceeds 100 pounds without an assistive device (greater weights [including push/pull up to 2000lbs] may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
This job operates primarily in a warehouse/vehicle environment with frequent exposure to safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute - that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work. A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.