Principal Function: The Omnicare Account Manager (official job title) is responsible for NOW Courier’s overall service level, including maintaining customer relations, overseeing independent contractor fleet, and supervising onsite dispatchers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as NOW Courier’s main point of contact for Omnicare.
- Resolves customer complaints and concerns.
- Maintains and sets up new routes.
- Ensures complete route coverage.
- Coordinates training of new independent contractor drivers on routes.
- Optimizes routes for cost control.
- Resolves service and payroll issues.
- Monitors independent contractor driver fleet levels to ensure proper coverage.
- Coordinates dispatching of customer orders to NOW Courier fleet drivers and contracted drivers.
- Maintains and monitors order activity including accurate and complete order entry.
- Monitors order progress and proper order completion.
- Monitors fleet availability proactively to maintain on-time and accurate completion ratio.
- Advises management of fleet deficiencies.
- Assists warehouse staff, as needed.
- Manages Omnicare Dispatchers.
- Coordinates appropriate coverage in case of Omnicare dispatcher absence.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has employee supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; and two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is desired.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. However, job duties will require occasional work in a warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
NOW Courier is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, this position may require work beyond the standard business hours and on the weekends.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute - that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work. A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.