Principal Function: The Warehouse Sorter is responsible for sorting tasks required by the customer and internal protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sorts payrolls, office supplies, medications, and other items related to the Distribution Routes for next business day delivery.
- Receives customer orders, pulls parts, and verifies that correct part was pulled.
- Prepares paperwork for outbound shipments and associated office supplies, including copying and sorting to correct distribution tub.
- Assigns job numbers and enters information in NOW Courier computer system.
- Prepares part for tech or driver pick-up.
- Loads outbound freight and product for stock or next day shipment.
- Assists in inbound process by verifying correct number of packages received by 3rd party.
- Verifies packing list to part numbers.
- Attaches airway bill to packing list.
- Prepares shipping or bill of lading paperwork within customer software or completes customer specific airway bills and shipping paperwork manually.
- Labels parts and places in appropriate shelf/bin space.
- Sorts inbound freight and products for stock or shipment.
- Assists Warehouse Supervisor, Branch Manager, or Branch Supervisor in completing customer cycle counts on time.
- Conducts random bin checks to ensure accurate inventory/counts.
- Assists in overall cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Ensures proper count of coolers are up to date and customers notified when reorder is necessary.
- Assists in maintaining shelving units.
- Sorts material for individual customers as needed to prepare for driver pick up.
- Checks out medications to Distribution route drivers.
- Assists in resolving miss-sorts with payrolls, office supplies, and other items.
- Provides general assistance to Distribution Route Drivers.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D; and two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is desired.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a warehouse environment with frequent exposure to safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While the offices of NOW Courier are open from 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday, this position may require work beyond these hours and on the weekends.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute - that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work. A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.