Assistant Logistics Manager
Principal Function: The Assistant Logistics Manager is responsible for supervising and providing insight on the development and implementation of organization policies, practices, procedures, and attainment of operating goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of services, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Organizes resources to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Monitors and analyzes department costs and fleet commissions.
- Prepares reports and records on department activities for management.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Ensures adequate training of staff and employee compliance to organization's policies and practices.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has employee supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in business, management, or operations; and five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education. Previous management experience in an operational role is preferred. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose best solution and solve problems.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Culture: NOW Courier proudly fosters a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, and encourages constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels. Ideal candidates have a history of good judgement, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style; high integrity, tact, and a positive attitude is a must.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without an assistive device (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. However, some duties may occur in a warehouse setting with moderate safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
NOW Courier is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week; this position will require work beyond the standard business hours and on the weekends. It may require periodically domestic travel.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute - that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work. A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.